Dennis Millard (Chairman)
Audit Committee terms of reference – summary
- Reviews accounting policies and the integrity and content of the financial statements.
- Monitors disclosure controls and procedures and the Group’s internal controls.
- Considers the adequacy and scope of external and internal audits.
- Oversees the relationship with and appointment of the external auditor.
- Monitors the independence and effectiveness of the external auditor, particularly with regard to the scope and expenditure on non-audit work.
- Reviews and approves the statements to be included in the annual report on internal control and risk management.
- Monitors the financial reporting process.
Download the full Audit Committee Terms of Reference (PDF)
Paul Withers (Chairman)
Remuneration Committee terms of reference – summary
- Determines remuneration for Executive Directors.
- Reviews and has regard to remuneration trends across the Group when setting remuneration policy for Executive Directors.
- Recommends and monitors the level and structure of remuneration for senior executives across the Group (the first layer of management below Board level).
- Approves design of and targets for performance-related pay for Executive Directors, approving any payments to be made based on performance.
- Determines the fees of the Chairman.
- Approves contracts of employment with Executive Directors.
- Approves the design of and governs employee share schemes.
- Approves the policy for expense claims by Directors.
- Oversees changes to employee benefit structures.
- Considers risks to the Group as a result of remuneration plans. Full details of Directors’ remuneration and a statement of our remuneration policy are detailed in the Remuneration Report.
Download the full Remuneration Committee Terms of Reference (PDF)
Valerie Gooding (Chairman)
Nominations Committee terms of reference – summary
- Reviews the composition of the Board.
- Recommends appointment of new Directors.
- Considers succession plans for senior and executive positions.
Download the full Nominations Committee Terms of Reference (PDF)